Stereotypes in pornography and feminist alternatives
Pornography and the pornification of our everyday life both impact our sexuality and relation to gender. This fact has been analyzed by feminists since the 60s. Today, in times of the internet, this concept is still indisputable.
To what extent does the categorization of lust standardize sexuality and divide into deviant practices? How is it programmed into our bodies and desire both culturally and commercially? What alternatives can sex-positive feminist pornography provide?
What do autonomous sexual concepts of Asian people, lesbians, or disabled people look like? How does sexuality embody itself, without adjusting bodies and identities?
These questions are discussed by longstanding porn movie producers, activists and filmmakers together with sexologist Dr. Laura Méritt.
Panelists (in german with english translation):
- Dr. Loree Erickson,Critical Disability Studies and Crip Activist (CA)
- Sadie Lune, Performer and Sex Educator (D)
- Wayne Yung, Filmmaker and Performer (D)
- Nan Kinney, Produder Fatale Media (USA)
- Anna Brownfield, Filmmaker (CA)
- Moderation: Dr. Laura Méritt, communication scientist and sexologist, initiator of the PorYes-Award Berlin
*Event will be held in German and English. Die Veranstaltung wird in deutscher und englischer Sprache stattfinden.*
Date: Sunday, 20th of October 2019 / Time: 4 pm / Venue: Urania, An der Urania 17, 10787 Berlin